Social Media Marketing Intern
Prominent Jewels and Accessories is a an e-commerce jewelry store based in Southfield, MI that designs one-of-a-kind and custom genuine gemstone jewelry.
Mission: Prominent Jewels aims to empower Mompreneurs to manifest the life they love using genuine gemstone jewelry for conscious balance of the mind, body and spirit.
Vision: Prominent Jewels incorporates nature's healing energy in every handcrafted piece in effort to put the power of self-healing and manifestation back in the hands of the women who seek overall balance and powerful life force energy. We aim to help you unlock your gifts, live in your purpose, and activate the Goddess within through nature's precious gems.
Openings: Up to 3
Salary: Unpaid with possibility for performance based stipends.
PT/FT: PT 20-40 hrs/wk (determined by requirement for college credit)
Our Social Media Marketing Intern reports directly to and works closely with the Owner/founder and Web Developer Lead. We are looking for an innovator with an entrepreneurial mindset that can work in a fast-paced startup environment. This role requires intermediate experience with social media management, marketing, advertising and online copywriting. Our team members are optimistic self-starters, innovators, creators, and entrepreneurial!
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Creating marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, community engagement and management, and implementation of schedules.
- Creating and distributing engaging written and graphic content in the form of monthly e-newsletters, weekly email and text marketing, web page and blog content and social media posts, ads and engagement.
Must have experience in the following areas
- Using photo editing and design programs such Adobe Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Using Microsoft office software such as Word and Excel
- Familiarity with business management functions of social media platforms (i.e. facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and twitter)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Able to self-motivate and work independently
- Creative and Willing to experiment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually and lead, manage, or participate in cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand statistical data
- Intermediate understanding of social media as it pertains to marketing (i.e. facebook, IG, Pinterest, and twitter)
- Working understanding of Marketing Techniques
- Current junior/senior at a local university majoring in social media marketing, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Eligible for internship
- Ready to start immediately
- Has a personal computer, internet and reliable transportation
- Has access to zoom, skype or facetime for video conferencing when working remotely
- Able to attend meetings as needed
Open Date: April 13, 2020
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Serious Applicants Only.